Wednesday 18 January 2012

TAKE A PICTURE WE DON'T CARE.

     When i think of something good to write on my blog I sit down at the computer and my mind goes totally blank. Typical.

      The other day it occurred to me to think for a while (As I don’t do much of that often?!) about how much someone’s opinion differs as to regarding what makes a game “good”.

    For me, it’s how the audience and the game “interact” with each other, I like games that really make me feel as if it’s actually me there, slicing people’s faces off or driving an exotic muscle car off a cliff or some random act of stupidity that if you were to try in real life you’d surely be locked up for. It gives me the chance to be someone totally different, forget about the past, stop worrying for the future and not give a flying pancake about anything. Now that’s the reality I like.

   But I look at some games and think “How is this fun?”. I recently watched someone play a game which I found incredibly boring and ridiculous (To save my sanity, I’ll leave out the title) Being cliché is one thing, I think everything is kind of “cliché” now because most ideas have been done but oh my days! This one really had me bored! Predictable, mindless and irritatingly annoying! Most of the time i enjoy games, but some I just find really hard to cope with.

    Oh another thing I wanted to mention which really destroys games are the fans. So many times I have really liked an idea (Not just with games) and I think to myself, “yeh this could work out”. But then the flow of mindless fans start loving it and anyone with a different opinion to them will be cobbled up with hatred and anger, they screw with the storylines, mess up the characters and basically change it to be suited to just them. Them and their “Precious”. I appreciate fans with a good reasoning behind there likes, ones that are willing to hear others opinions because without fans there wouldn’t be anymore games. But when people just like something because it’s a fad or “OMG111!!11 he has anime hair!!!1!!! Instant like!!2!one!” It gets very infuriating.  

   Well this drawing isn’t going to get itself done and this blog has just given me an excellent idea. I get inspired from the most randomest of things! MAN THE WORK STATIONS, SHARPEN THE PENCILS IT’S  TIME TO GET MY DRAW ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment