Friday 4 October 2013

Yesterday!

    The digital painting tutorial yesterday was really enjoyable. I haven’t been inspired like that in a very long time. It made me remember that art isn’t just a feel conveying image, it’s produced by many different elements and effects which work together to portray a visual piece. It was also really awesome to watch Mitch create some stunning designs in a small amount of time, and I couldn’t wait to give it a try myself. It was useful to be taught how to begin a digital paint because I have practically no idea on how to even begin. My digital pieces before have been basically, me trying and experimenting and ending in nothing that I’m proud of. I can’t seem to be able to stick to a certain style  and I find it difficult to navigate the program. But the lecture yesterday was very pleasing.
     I also really enjoyed the life drawing, as I’ve stated previously I really enjoy drawing the human anatomy as I find it interesting and very complex. I loved the new room, even though it’s smaller (and a lot warmer) the lighting was very interesting and gave a nice tone to the model. I do however miss sitting on a normal chair in the old classroom, as I felt more comfortable and at ease sitting on the chair than leaning over and hurting my back on the donkeys. Jeff, who took the lesson, was incredibly insightful and helped me to understand the sizing and scale of things. I definitely needed a refreshment after the summer break.

    Overall, it was a very enjoyable day, allowing for me to get back into the nature of drawing anatomy and to begin to understand the processes of digital painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment